Summer school holiday is half way over, are you still keeping your sanity? I'm barely there and can definitely do with some quiet time to get on with my work!
This year I've started sorting Abby's Back to School things out earlier to get them out of the way, but there are still the odd pieces I will need to pick up for her. Clay will be starting preschool as well and I'm just glad that he doesn't really need anything to bring to the nursery! How about you, have you got everything ready yet?
While I write down my Still To Buy list, why don't you take a look at the following and see if any of them is still needed, or can do with more (I can never have enough stationery!). As usual, I also have a fantastic giveaway at the end of the guide for you to win some lovely items to add to the Back to School collection! Enjoy and good luck! x
I think Back to School is not quite Back to School without Crayola products. Quality, affordable, suitable for all ages, children safe and easy to use/ clean, what more can you ask for?
dotcomgiftshop Little Red Riding Hood Memo Pad £2.95
- Sticky memo pads, comes in 7 designs, each with 20 sheets
How adorable are these memo pads! I wouldn't mind filling my whole notebook with these cute Little Red Riding Hood memos! Sending little messages to BFFs with these will be perfect as well, and you can even send several for a longer message, the receiver just need to piece the "puzzle" together!
dotcomgiftshop Pirate Cutlass Wooden Ruler £4.95
- Measures up to 20mm ruler made of wood
I've been having problem hiding this from Clay! It's just too cool and cute! I would say he's a bit too young for it as he might accidentally break it (he managed to break a LEGO piece into half, so I wouldn't be surprised), even though the ruler is quite thick and well made. Can you imagine taking this out at school? It might cause some problems haha. Although it looks like a toy, it works well as a ruler and my line is as straight as I wanted it to be. 20cm is a good length too!
Wilko Beau Chic Stationery Writing Set £2.50
- Comes with A5 exercise book, mini memo pad, pen, ruler, sharpener and pencil.
I really love this design from Wilko! They have about 30 products from the range, and they all look so nice! This set is a bargain, for £2.50 you get a whole set of stationery, and the pen writes really well too!
Wilko Beau Chic Zippa Bag A4 £0.85
- Expandable A4 zippa bag
I like it that this zippa bag can be expanded so you can hold more inside.
The Beau Chic range can easily passed for a stationery collection that comes from a more expensive brand, and the price of this zippa bag wouldn't be 85p only! The range also comes with canvas bag, coin purse and compact brush and mirror set, so the girls can go to school with the whole Beau Chic theme no problem. I also love their Balance and Camper collection!
Wilko is currently doing a 3 for 2 on assorted stationery, so you can get the above for even cheaper if you are quick enough! I'm also giving away a lovely selection from their Beau Chic or Dandy collection, if you like this design as much as I do, you can enter the giveaway at the bottom of this guide for a chance to win. The winner gets to choose to receive the stationery selection from either Beau Chic or Dandy!
Wilko Monster High Sketchbook Set £2.00
- Comes with 1 sticker sheet, 5 colour felt pens, and 10 colour in sheets and sketch sheets
This is perfect for the Monster High fans who likes to scribble and sketch. It's small enough to carry around, and perfect for break time when you need to refresh your mind.
Wilko Urban A5 Notebook with Pocket
- 80 sheets, including an expandable pocket at the back of the notebook for notes
A great design for those who like their beat, and the paper quality is quite good too. It's very unfortunate that the Urban range is out of stock, but they have launched the Dandy and Kraft stationery collection that is nice as well. Or you can find Wilko's A5 notebooks collection here.
Becky and Lolo Decor Purple Lunch Box Kit £19.00
- Includes 1L, 650ml and 300ml lunchboxes, reusable cutlery set (fork, knife and spoon), purple insulated lunch bag and ice pack
- Each lunchbox are air tight and leak proof, BPA, PVC, Lead and Phthalate free, microwave safe (with air vent open) and dishwasher safe; comes with an open air vent and soft seal lid.
Technically this is a lunch box kit fit for a family, but we love varieties and so does Abby, so for those with children who likes a good variety of food, or prefer to keep their food separate, they might appreciate this Decor lunch box kit. It's not that much bigger than some school lunch bags, and you don't have to fill everything up to the brim. I'd use the 1L box for sandwiches so I don't have to squeeze them together, or the 650ml for salad, pasta or spaghetti kind of food, then the 300ml for dried snacks or fruits.
I really like their cutlery set as you can click them together at the base. The ice pack will certainly come in handy when I'm giving Abby dairy food to bring to school.
dotcomgiftshop Chocolate Bar Lunch Box £3.95
- made with BPA free plastic; 12 x 12 x 7cm
- Not edible
Abby kept asking me whether she can take a bite of the lunch box, silly billy. This novelty lunch box will certainly be the talk of the dining hall at school! It kind of hints that the box is filled with treats, let's hope that the kids won't disappoint when they find sandwiches or pasta instead eh?
Lunch Bag Land Skylanders Swap Force Lunch Bag £9.99
- Official UK licensed product, fully insulated, food safe, easy wipe lining with sealed seams; comes with name tag pocket and padded carry handle
It's a bit unfair to Abby that boys at school has classed Skylanders as a boy thing. It's really not but if she brings this to school, she'll certainly be picked on. She'd love to though as Skylanders is one of her favourite game and even I love it!
The colour of the bag is fairly unisex and very attractive like a tropical colour. It can easily fit a lunchbox and a bottle inside, plus some snacks too. The lunchbox also comes in Skylanders Giants design, and both has matching bottles and lunchboxes available.
- Elephant shaped toddler lunch/ snack box with 4 compartments, snap-seal lid and a handle; easy to clean 2 piece design, top rack dishwasher safe
Clay absolutely loved eating out from Trunk! I must say that the snack box is quite big for a toddler, but it'll be perfect to store snacks for throughout a day or even a trip. I do think it works as a lunch box as well, though maybe not for yogurt or lasagne! I'll probably use the largest compartment for cutlery and napkin instead as well. I think Trunk is versatile and toddlers walking around with Trunk in hand will look so cute!
- 9 piece Bento Mealtime Set comes with 2 smaller removable compartments and lids, one large food compartment and lid, fork, spoon and Click Lock lid
- Toddler lunch bag comes in 3 vibrant and cute designs, each featuring mesh pockets and easy to wipe clean insulated lining (12months+)
- Winner can choose the colour of the Bento set and design for the lunch bag (subject to availability)
|Left: Beau Chic Right: Dandy|
- Contains a good selection of stationery from Beau Chic or Dandy Collection
- Winner can choose which stationery collection (Beau Chic or Dandy) they would like to receive
3. Lunch Bag Land Sofia the First Lunch Bag
- Official UK licensed product; fully insulated, PVC free, food safe lining, easy wipe lining with sealed seams; approx. 24 x 18.5 x 9cm; comes with name tag pocket; matching bottle available
Deadline: Sunday 31st August 2014 midnight (where 12:01am is Monday)
Terms & Conditions:
- The giveaway is open to the UK mainland only
- It is mandatory to leave a comment in this post's comment section (Disqus) to enter the giveaway. Please make sure that you are not leaving comment as Anonymous, as I would not be able to check whether you've left an answer. If you have to comment as Anonymous, or if your Disqus ID is different from your Rafflecopter entry name, please add a means of ID on your comment that I can use to link it to your Rafflecopter entry. Unfortunately if I can't, all your entries will not be counted.
- If you have problem accessing Disqus, I also accept the answer answered in Facebook under the competition post.
- Please make sure that your email used to enter the Rafflecopter is active, and you do check the spam folder in case the email I sent you ended up there
- All entries will be checked.
- Winners will be drawn by the Rafflecopter randomly. First name pulled will win prize number 1 and so on
- Winners will be announced by Wednesday 3rd September 2014 on here, Twitter and Facebook.
- Winners will have to respond to my email by Tuesday 9th September, 2014 noon. A new winner will be chosen after that to replace the winner for the prize
- The prizes will be posted by the PR. I'm not responsible for missing parcels, but if you have any enquiry do let me know and I'll try my best to help
- For a simple guide to Rafflecopter, please read Di Coke's Rafflecopter Guide
This competition is also listed on: