Wednesday, 6 January 2016
The Good Dinosaur
We watched a few animation films during the holidays, one of them being The Good Dinosaur by Disney. I was kind of expecting some sad scene that happens in most Disney animations, but I wasn't expecting myself to burst into tears. Even Clay, for the first time ever, had tears in his eyes. It was a good film that we all enjoyed though, with plenty of "laugh out loud" moments and a happy ending of course.
Disney has kindly sent us a wonderful parcel full of The Good Dinosaur merchandise for the kids to play with and use during the holiday, which was especially loved by Clay. I thought I'd share them here with you:
From left to right, top to bottom:
Arlo medium soft toy (RRP £18.95) with posable neck
- He isn't as soft as Spot because of his short fur, but we love to cuddle his long neck and pose it, while Clay loves to ride on him!
Spot small soft toy (RRP £12.95) with really soft hair
- We love his soft hair, and after watching the film, we love him like the family he met does. He has also earned a spot in Clay's bed.
The Good Dinosaur 3D Foot Mug (RRP £9.95)
- It's currently a bit big for Clay to use, but I think it'll make a great pencil holder. Having said that, it is dishwasher and microwave safe, and a good cuppa just popped into my mind *pondering*
The Good Dinosaur Figurine Playset (RRP £12.95) that comes with 6 character figurines
- This is a perfect figurine playset to play out the scenes in The Good Dinosaur. There are the baddies too, but the favourite scene being played most is the cowboy one
The Good Dinosaur Tin Art Case Set (RRP £12.95), containing 16 felt tip pens, 16 crayons, 10 colouring pencils, 1 pencil, a pair of scissors, a ruler, eraser, pencil sharpener, 3 sticker sheets, a note pad and 8 paint and brush set.
- This is Clay's favourite. He loves the tin case, which he can carry around with him, and all the stationery inside, especially because he has never owned his own set of stationery before (we have more than enough stationery for the kids to share but they are all on Abby's desk at the moment).
Disney has also kindly included The Good Dinosaur - The Essential Guide book (RRP £9.99) by Disney's publishing licensee DK, which contains a lot of information and details of the animation. It'll be a great read until we can watch the movie (on Blu-ray) again.
There are a lot more merchandise available in the Disney Store of course, including toys, games and clothes (you can dress your child as Arlo!), perfect for the Arlo and Spot fans.