Wednesday, 11 May 2016
Digital Kids Show at Manchester Event City
Have you heard of the Digital Kids Show? It's a first of its kind bringing to life the exciting digital world in a fun and friendly format for children, parents, teachers and those responsible for children. It has been created and curated by online child safety expert Aisha Tilstone, and will welcome 10,000 people each day.
It will be at Manchester Event City during the Halloween weekend: Saturday 29th October - Sunday 30th October 2016, and we have been chosen as one of their official blogger ambassador to bring you all the news and updates before and during the show! I will also be doing a competition for passes (to be confirmed) so keep an eye out and you might win yourself a ticket to the Digital Kids Show with your family!
Here are more information about the show:
Date: Saturday to Sunday 29th - 30th October 2016
Where: Manchester Event City
Ticket: Early Birds Tickets are £18.50 per person (until the end of June 2016); Under 2's are free
Parking: Free onsite parking for 3,000 cars and additional overflow parking at the Trafford Centre
- Children's TV comedy duo Dick and Dom are to kick off proceedings
Gaming and Retro Tech Zone
- features the best retro and next generation computer games and tech
- parents can battle it out on their favourite games from Mario to Minecraft
- get a glimpse of the future being the first to experience and see some of the latest innovation from the digital world e.g VR gaming and the latest gadgets
Digital, STEM & Coding Skills Zone
- inspire children about the vast array of digital opportunities with fun, practical challenges and experiences
- kids will be able to learn and get inspired
Safe Tech Zone
- all about helping to keep children, your tech and you safe online
- provides the very latest advice to stay one step ahead of the dangers and risks of being online
- covers cyber bullying to predators, hackers to viruses
Appletics and Kids Food Zone
- this zone celebrates the way tech can be used to aid healthy living
- fun challenges from battling it out with your avatar for the most steps and the best at boxing, to learning to cook and tracking what your family is eating
- Mr. Bloom will be there to say hello and sing songs
Children's Media Zone
- Children will be able to get hands on and learn all about blogging, vlogging and social plugging
- famous faces from Nickelodeon and CBeebies popping by, as well as some YouTube sensations
- loads of fun to be had from taking amazing selfies to meeting online heroes
Digital Angels Zone
- tech experts will be there to help you get the most out of the tech you have with handy tips and hints, and also steer you in the right direction if you're looking to invest in some new tech with buying advise to get the best deal and the products that are right for you
Other fun things to do
- fairground rides, shows and performances on the main stage
- driving zone for 11 - 17 years olds to get behind the wheel
- plenty to see and do including some Halloween fun on Sunday 30th October (fancy dress are more than welcome!)
- soft play for under 5's
- plus more, but are currently a top secret!
- Food, treats and gadgets available for purchase (you don't have to of course!)
Initially I thought that it's a bit like PlayExpo (featuring old and latest games, some pop up stores etc) for kids, but Wow! I'm blown away from what I've learned about the Digital Kids Show! We are a gaming family, and all the additional things e.g. online safety, fairground rides and shows really topped it! We'll be looking forward to this unusual Halloween!
If you are excited about the show as well, don't forget to grab the Early Bird Tickets which are only available until the end of June!