One of Abby's favourite subject is History, which has shown since Reception year when she told us what she's learned about the Great Fire of London at school (she even remember the facts and year it happened!).
So when we heard that the card game Timeline released a British History version, we knew it's her kind of game (in fact, I think she'll love the whole Timeline range!), and we were kindly sent a copy to review.
Esdevium Games Timeline - British History (RRP £13.99, suitable for 8 years plus and 2 to 8 players) comes in a beautifully designed tin, and contains 110 British History themed cards and an instruction booklet.
Each card features an illustration of an event on both sides, but have the year of when it happened on one side only.
Players basically have to use their hand of cards to build the British History Timeline in the middle of the table, and the first player who has used up all their cards wins the round. If the player guessed the time of the event wrong (ie fitted their card in the wrong place on the timeline), they will have to swap that card for a new one from the deck:
|Left: Last card for both of us! Right: interesting history event we never thought of!|
We had lots of giggles during the game, teasing each other for getting it wrong! We started playing with more cards in hand because we wanted to keep the game going!
Some of the historical events were really interesting. We never thought of many of them, like when house numbering were introduced in Britain, and when the last public hanging in Britain was. Abby had fun learning all the years and events too.
I think the Timeline British History is perfect for those who loves History, and it might just be a great supporting material for those who need to remember the year of events by heart too!
The lovely people from Esdevium Games are giving you an opportunity to win a Timeline British History game on my blog! Simply follow the Rafflecopter instructions to enter. Good luck! x
Prize: Timeline British History game x 1
Competition ends: Sunday 30th October 2016 Midnight (where 00:01am is Monday)
Terms & Conditions:
- The competition is open to the UK and N. Ireland only
- The prize cannot be exchanged and no cash alternative will be offered.
- It is mandatory to answer the question correctly in this post's comment section (Disqus) to enter the competition. Please make sure that you are not Anonymous, as I will not be able to match you to your answer. If you have to comment as Anonymous, or if your Disqus ID/ Facebook name is different from your Rafflecopter entry name, please add a means of ID in your comment as well so that I can link it to your Rafflecopter entry. Unidentified answers will unfortunately be disqualified.
- If you have a problem accessing Disqus, I also accept comments left on Facebook under the competition's post.
- Please make sure that your email account used to enter the Rafflecopter is active, and you do check the spam folder in case the email I sent you ended up there
- All entries will be checked.
- Winner with the correct answer will be drawn by the Rafflecopter randomly
- Winner will be announced by Wednesday 2nd November 2016 on here, Twitter and Facebook.
- Winner will have to respond to my email by Monday 7th November 2016 noon. A new winner will be chosen after the deadline.
- The prize will be posted by the PR, and I have no control over missing parcels, hence do not accept responsibility for any accidents. However, if you have any quiry do let me know and I'll try my best to help
- You can visit Di Coke's Rafflecopter Guide for Rafflecopter instructions