Wednesday, 4 January 2017
2017 - Another Fresh Start
Happy New Year!
Hope you all had a lovely break and had a great time celebrating Christmas and New Year! Our kids aren't starting school until coming Monday, which worked out well as we've managed to become ill after all the fun. So the first week of January for us is all about recovering. It gives me time to plan 2017 as well, based on the good and bad in my 2016 planning. One thing is for sure, planning ahead gets things done (for me anyway).
So, in the new year, I'd like to:
- Get healthy again (second half of 2016 has more or less cancelled out all the effort I put in in the first half)
- Save up for doing up the house and maybe for a proper holiday (basically spending money as usual, but in a different area)
- Maintain our house. I haven't been looking after the house very well, and I'm fed up with the mess. So I'm going to do something about it. I reckon if I split the jobs over the week instead of all during a weekend, it wouldn't feel like it's a chore. However, I'm not keen in spending the time tidying and cleaning at all, so we'll see..
- Instead of letting reviews take over my blog, which I have been doing, I'll write a variety of posts, which I used to do, e.g food, crafts, travel, and probably pets too.
- Blog 3 times a week instead of 5, so I can fit all the above into my schedule, and produce better quality posts as well. Judging from past experience however, this might be the first one I'll fail haha..
Anyway, I guess having a New Year Resolution is better than none, even though I might break a few. Having a target is always good! I've already set up my planners, ready for next week, which is when 2017 officially starts for me.
Are you setting a New Year resolution as well? Let's hope that we can get it done! Wishing everyone an amazing 2017!